Students Rising Above is looking for HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS graduating in Spring 2019, who have demonstrated strength of character in the face of challenging odds, and dream of a college education. Selected students come from low-income households and are rising above tremendous difficulties and succeeding in school and in life despite their circumstances at home. These difficulties may include poverty, neglect, violence, addiction, and homelessness.
Students will be selected to receive mentoring support, financial assistance, and career guidance from Students Rising Above. Our goal is to provide students with the individualized support they need to be successful in college and in life.
Do you know a student who is "rising above?" If so, SRA accepts applications from high school JUNIORS who meet our selection criteria.
Please check out student profiles at out website
- MUST CURRENTLY BE A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL
- Overcome obstacles that are not of their own making
- Low-income or living on government assistance -- $10K - $12K per person (or lower) as stated on IRS documents
- High school senior in 2018-2019 school year (graduating Spring 2019)
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, DACA status or Dream Act eligible
- Committed to earning a college degree from a four year institution
- Highly recommended by a teacher, counselor or mentor
- G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Must live within the nine-county Bay Area
- Comply with Students Rising Above program requirements
You can find a link to the application at: