Oakland Military Institute offers Wellness and Mental Health Services to students in need of assistance or guidance through their educational journey. Located in the main building on campus, students have access to these services Monday through Friday during school hours.
The following services are offered:
- Individual or group counseling to discuss problems of a personal or academic nature.
- Parent conferences, Parent-Teacher-Conferences, and referral resources
- Specialized support groups, i.e., stress, adjustment, social skills, girls group, conflict resolution as the need arises
- Conflict Mediation
- Peer Mentoring
- Peer Health Exchange- a partnership providing health education to 9th-grade students
- Information for students on topics related to mental health.
- Crisis intervention counseling.
- Drug and alcohol education, information and counseling for students and parents.
- Resource for parents with questions about adolescent developmental issues.
- Assistance for parents and students to access private therapeutic services
Some sources available for support, education, and information regarding issues relevant to adolescent growth can be found at the following web addresses:
For further information, please email or call Dr. Lori Smith at email@example.com or at (510) 594-3964.