Welcome to Rm. 19 home of the Magnificent 6th Grade. I am so thrilled to have your child in room 19 and I look forward to an amazing year. This year we are going to learn so many and exciting things together. This is my 19th year working at OMI, and my wife and I are the proud parents of two children. I understand about being a concerned parent wanting the best for your child. I believe you have made an excellent choice by selecting OMI for your child's education.I will be teaching Math or Science to your child, and I know that all students can learn, success breeds success, and an excellent classroom environment creates success. All of the Math and Science assignments will be taken from the Common Core State Standards providing practice leading up to mastery on the state tests. Once again welcome and lets have an outstanding year.
Office Hours: - Tuesday 2:30 - 3:30
6th Grade Science
Course Domains/Common Core Standards: Next Generation CCSS Standards
Text book: Holt Science and Technology
Homework Expectations: Homework will be assigned on a weekly basis, in order to reinforce the concepts learned in class each day. You will have time to begin homework assignments in class and receive help from the teacher as needed. Homework is due by the start of class the next day. 10 points, unless otherwise specified.
Classroom Expectations, Policies, and Procedures for Science Class
- Be prepared- this includes having required materials, doing homework, wearing the correct uniform, and having a serious attitude about the course and its expectations
- Be Productive- this includes staying on task, doing assigned work, and accomplishing assignments on time and to a standard of excellence.
- Be Respectful- to yourself, to others, to school property, and have an enthusiasm about your company. Teat others the way you want to be treated. Bullying will not be tolerated. Harassment will not be tolerated. Put downs will not be tolerated. Disrespect will not be tolerated.
- Each cadet will need a notebook for Math and a notebook for Science.
- A pencil must be used in math. You may use a pen or pencil in Science.(2 pencils and 2 pens, blue or black ink)
-Wear and maintain the proper uniform each day
-Follow all classroom procedures.
-Students must attend class as often as possible and be on time and come prepared each day.
-If you are absent, you are responsible for making up all work that is missed. Ask you teacher or your classmate to help you catch up on missed assignments.
Grades are based on a point system. Assignments, tests, quizzes, projects, performances, and participation are given point values. In order to pass the class, the student must complete the assigned work as well as participate intelligently in all activities. Your grade in this class will be a direct reflection of your effort, cooperation, and mastery or standards.
Mastery Total Grade: Assessment/Mastery 70%
Homework, classwork, participation 30%
A= 90 - 100%
B= 80 - 89 %
C= 70 - 79%
D = 69 -60 %
F = 59 - 0