All student cadets in good standing with a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply and/or run for a position in CAB Cabinet, General Assembly, or Class Committees. Middle school student cadets can only apply for the position of Middle School Ambassador.
The following positions are open for election:
- CAB President (Junior OR Senior only)
- CAB Vice President (Junior OR Senior only)
- Public Relations Commissioner
The following Class Committee positions are available for election:
- Class President
- Class Vice President
- Class Secretary
- Class Treasurer
- Cadets are allowed to campaign on the OMI Campus.
- Cadets are allowed to campaign via Snapchat, Instagram, and any other appropriate social media platforms.
- Cadets are encouraged to create fliers and or posters for their respective campaigns.
- Cadets are allowed to post posters/fliers on the OMI campus ONLY with blue painter's tape.
- Cadet Candidates will not put down any other candidate.
- Cadet Candidates will not use obscene, racial, discriminatory, or any other controversial material throughout the duration of their campaign.
- Cadets are allowed to use materials located in the CAB classroom.
- Cadets are allowed to have a running mate (i.e. Jane Doe for President and Richard Roe for Vice President).
- If no cadet is nominated for a position, the CAB advisor will work with the administration to select a cadet to hold the position until further notice.