After School Education & Safety Grant (ASES)
Oakland Military Institute College Preparatory Academy
ASES ATTENDANCE / RELEASE POLICY
OMI runs the After School Program through the AFTER SCHOOL EDUCATION AND SAFETY (ASES) Grant. In order to continue our academic, recreation and enrichment programs for students, we must meet specific guidelines for attendance. When you enroll your child in this FREE after school program, please be aware of the following procedures and guidelines:
- Students must attend DAILY (Monday – Friday) from 3:10 - 6:10 pm.
- Students must attend a minimum of 15 hours a week.. If your child has a weekly standing appointment and cannot attend during these times, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Students will be expected to participate in a minimum of 90 minutes of Physical Activity facilitated by the ASES staff.
- Students must follow school rules and expectations while they are on the OMI campus. Discipline guidelines will be strictly adhered to.
- Students MUST be picked up by 6:10 pm. The following procedure will be in place for students who are not picked up by this time:
- 1st time late: Parents will receive a verbal warning.
- 2nd time late: Parents will receive a verbal and written notification of policy.
- 3rd time late: Student will be removed from the After School Program pending a meeting with the Director of Student Services.