My name is Dr. Arika Spencer-Brown and I am the Dual Enrollment Coordinator and Adjunct Professor at OMI. My responsibility lies in creating partnerships with local and national colleges/universities to introduce the opportunity to our "college ready students" to embark on taking college course(s) and earn college credits and/or earn an AA/AS degree while still in high school. I also facilitate the current courses that our offered on our campus.
I am originally from Carmichael , California, I attended CSU Sacramento where I received my BA in Child Development, I attended the University of Phoenix, where I received my Masters in Business Administration, and lastly, I proudly earned my Doctorate in Organizational Leadership from Brandman University, School of Education.
I am ecstatic to build, expand, and facilitate the Dual Enrollment/Concurrent Enrollment program to OMI cadets, so that they are able gain a head start on their college career! The vision intended for this program is to:
- Foster and enhance existing partnerships with local community colleges and/or universities as well as form new partnerships with regional and national colleges to support higher learning efforts and expansion of program at OMI.
- Develop relationships with community development organizations that support higher learning
- Development of Micro-College Environment
- Creation of pathway programs that support specialization (i.e. major of choice)
Supporting information regarding program:
- Communications 20: Interpersonal Fall semester and Communications 6: Intercultural Spring semester: Period 2, 3
- Office Hours Wednesdays 3:30-4:30 or by appointment only
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct line: (510) 594-3905