To enroll in the Oakland Military Institute you must complete the entire admissions process described below.
Please read this page carefully so you understand the procedure. You may want to print this page out and make notes on it to keep track of your progress.
Step 1: Review the Candidate Requirements and School Brochure
- Academic - As a college preparatory school, the Oakland Military Institute (OMI) has a demanding academic program. An applicant must have satisfactorily completed the previous grade for admission to the next grade (e.g. complete fifth grade for sixth grade admission, complete sixth grade for seventh grade admission, etc).
- Age - An applicant must be age appropriate for their grade (e.g. Candidates applying for the sixth grade cannot be older than 11 years, 9 months at the beginning of their sixth grade year).
- Click here to view/print our school brochure
- On Time Enrollment: November 4, 2019 – February 7, 2020
- Late Enrollment: February 8, 2020 - May 1, 2020
All late applications will result in the Candidate being placed at the end of the wait list generated by the school Lottery
Step 3: Candidate entered in Lottery if Needed
Step 4: Parent/Candidate Orientation & Summer Camp Registration
- Parent & Candidate must attend the Summer Entrance Camp Orientation
- Complete the Summer Entrance Camp Registration Process
Step 5: Turn in Supporting Documents
- Age Verification - Birth certificate, a passport, an I-94, a transcript, OR a report card
- Grade Level Verification - transcript, prior year promotion certificate, or the most recent report card
- Verification of Custody - Parent’s/guardian’s/caregiver’s passport, driver’s license, or official ID Card in conjunction with documentation in the form of a Birth Certificate, guardianship papers or court documents
- Immunization Records
Step 6: Attend the Parent/Candidate Information Orientation
Step 7: Candidates are required to successfully complete the OMI Summer Entrance Camp, 16 June - 26 June (Sunday to Wednesday)