To enroll in the Oakland Military Institute you must complete the entire admissions process described below.
Please read this page carefully so you understand the procedure. You may want to print this page out and make notes on it to keep track of your progress.
Step 1: Review the Candidate Requirements and School Brochure
- Academic - As a college preparatory school, the Oakland Military Institute (OMI) has a demanding academic program. An applicant must have satisfactorily completed the previous grade for admission to the next grade (e.g. complete fifth grade for sixth grade admission, complete sixth grade for seventh grade admission, etc).
- Age - An applicant must be age appropriate for their grade (e.g. Candidates applying for the sixth grade cannot be older than 11 years, 9 months at the beginning of their sixth grade year).
- Click here to view/print our school brochure
- On Time Enrollment: November 4, 2019 – February 7, 2020
- The On-Time Application deadline or the 2020-2021 school year was February 7, 2020. Applications received by this deadline will be included in our lottery, held on March 11, 2020 @ 4PM. On Thursday, March 12 you should see all your charter school lottery results (OFFER or WAITLIST) in your student dashboard and at that time you can ACCEPT/DECLINE an offer. The deadline to ACCEPT/DECLINE a charter school offer is March 26, 2020. If you do not accept by this date, the charter school lottery offer(s) will expire. Once you accept an offer, offers from other schools will be automatically declined. You can remain on waitlists but may only accept an offer at one school.
- Late Enrollment: February 8, 2020 - May 1, 2020
- All late applications will result in the Candidate being placed at the end of the wait list generated by the school Lottery
If you miss the February 7, 2020 On-Time Application deadline, you will still be able to submit an online application for the 2020-2021 school year. Applications submitted after the February 7, 2020 deadline will be considered a Late Application - you will be placed on a waiting list at each of your selected schools, and/or offered enrollment if space becomes available. Late Applicants will be placed on waitlists on a first-come first-served basis.
Step 3: Candidate entered in Lottery if Needed
Step 4: Complete Summer Entrance Camp Registration
Step 5: Turn in Supporting Documents Deadline: May 1, 2020
- Age Verification - Birth certificate, a passport, an I-94, a transcript, OR a report card
- Grade Level Verification - transcript, prior year promotion certificate, or the most recent report card
- Verification of Custody - Parent’s/guardian’s/caregiver’s passport, driver’s license, or official ID Card in conjunction with documentation in the form of a Birth Certificate, guardianship papers or court documents Immunization Records
Step 6: Attend The New Family Meet & Greet/Orientation
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020 at the OMI Campus
Times: 6th grade - Session 1: 8:00 AM, Session 2: 10:00 AM
7th and 8th grade - 12:00 PM
9th -12th grade - 2:00 PM
Step 7: Candidates are required to successfully complete the 10 day OMI Summer Entrance Camp.
OMI will NOT have a 2nd Summer Entrance Camp opportunity during the summer of 2020. All Candidates will be asked to attend the Summer Entrance Camp during the dates provided below.
When: 12 - 18 July for the overnight camp at Camp San Luis Obispo
19-21 July for the on campus camp at OMI Campus
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
The Oakland Military Institute is non-sectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations; does not charge tuition; and does not discriminate on the basis of the characteristics listed in the Education Code Section 220 (actual or perceived disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other characteristics that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code of association with an individual who has any of the aforementioned characteristics).