The Oakland Military Institute is a tuition free public charter school.
OMI Enrollment Dates
Open Enrollment: November 5, 2018 – February 8, 2019
School Lottery: March 4 th, 2019
Notifications of Lottery Results: March 14, 2019
Deadline for Parents to Accept/Decline Offers: April 2, 2019
1. How Do I Apply?
2. Which students are given priories?
- Per our Charter, preference in the lottery will be given to the following Candidates in this order:
1) Siblings of current OMI Cadets or OMI Graduates
2) Children of OMI employees or board members
3) Candidates who reside in Oakland Unified School District boundaries
4) California residents from outside the OUSD attendance boundaries
2. How do I accept an offer?
- Families can log onto your account at enrolloak.schoolmint.net or call Enroll Oak at 510-454-9360.
- Once you accept an offer, offers from other schools will be automatically declined. Before accepting an offer, be sure that you are choosing the school you believe is the best option for your child. You can remain on waitlists but may only accept an offer at one school. If you also applied to an OUSD school, accepting a charter school offer will not decline your OUSD offer. Contact OUSD separately to ACCEPT/DECLINE your OUSD offer.
3. What number am I on your waitlist?
- School Admins can look up family’s waitlist number or tell families to:
- Log onto enrolloak.schoolmint.net or call Enroll Oak at 510-454-9360.
4. What happens if when I accept my offer?
- You will be invited to attend our mandatory Parent Orientation for Summer Camp
- Bring all supporting documents (ie. birth certificate. immunization records, transcript/ report card)
5. Does my child have to attend the Entrance Camp in order to attend school at OMI?
- Yes, your child must attend and successfully complete the Entrance Camp