Your first few weeks at a new school can be slightly challenging. However, if you following these tips, your first few weeks will be a breeze:
1) Know your TAC Team.
2) Learn the abbreviation and nick names of places at OMI (i.e CAB, B-Building, C-Building, The GX, PIR, Regimental Hall, Leaders Field, Patriots Court, The X-Mansion, Sutter House, California Towers, Forbes Hall, Cadet Services)
3) Use the OMI Library to its full extent.
4) Make new friends.
5) Use your planner
6) Get involved! Join CAB, military leadership, sports, a Student Union however…
7) Establish a balance between work and fun.
8) Represent your class and company (get involved with OMI Leadership)
9) Ask teachers for help.
10) Do your homework.
11) Know where the offices are (main office, the Principal's Offices, The TAC Offices, etc)
12) Get to know the counselors, teachers, CAB Staff, TAC Team, Cadet Leadership, coaches, and upperclassmen.
13) Go to school events (homecoming, Fall Fest, School BBQ's etc).
14) Stay in the loop - following the OMI IG's, Twitter, and Facebook. Check your emails.
15) Study your pledge study guides to earn cadet status.
At the end of the day, welcome to OMI! We are happy to have you apart of the Grizzly Community!